As fall arrives, many of us are struggling with an overload and excess of tomatoes – many shapes and sizes. Some beefsteaks and most likely some lovely sweet cherry tomatoes. In my family, those cherry tomatoes are just as good as candy – we all pop them in our mouths, sometimes fresh off the plant!
This appetizer is a great way to use some of those tomatoes in a classic combination, in appetizer size – caprese salad bites.
- 10 basil leaves
- 10 cherry tomatoes, various colours
- 10 mini bocconcini balls
- balsamic vinegar (optional)
- olive oil (optional)
- Pull out 10 longer sized toothpicks.
- On each toothpick, stack a cherry tomato, a basil leaf, and a cheese ball.
- Place or stack on serving plate of your choice.
- This recipe is very easy to scale up (or down) depending on your party size. If you are making it for yourself, then the sky is the limit!
- If you want to make it a bit more fancy, you could either drizzle some olive oil and balsamic vinegar over top, or place it on the side for dipping. Both those flavours complement the cheese and tomatoes very well, making it a classic combination.