The crispness of fall is in the air and with that brings me the desire to eat rich, delicious comfort food.
Enter: baked brie
Not only is this baked brie perfect as a stand alone appetizer, but also makes the perfect addition to a charcuterie board. The apple walnut topping is super simple to prepare and hilights some of the beyt flavours of the season. This brie is sure to be a hit in your house.
- 1 wheel of brie
- 1/2 apple, diced thin
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup or liquid sweetener of choice
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Slice the top rind off your brie and place in a brie baker or on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until centre is liquid-y and melted.
- Meanwhile add all topping ingredients to a small pot and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until the apples have softened a little.
- Serve with crackers or as part of your next cheese board.