Potato salad is often an accompaniment to BBQ meals on summer evenings. We believe that potato salad should be served all year long, regardless of what it’s accompanying. This particular version includes crisp bacon, pan fried shallots, and fresh herbs from the garden. While cold po
tato salad is great for warm summer evenings, this warm version is great for cool fall nights.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled or unpeeled, diced
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- Approx ½ lb bacon, as tastes allow
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1 sugar cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sage/rosemary as garnish, if desired
- Dice potatoes and place in pot. Cover with water and salt generously. Bring to a boil on high.
- Lower heat to medium and simmer until they are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a measure cup or a small bowl. Set aside.
- Saute shallots, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain the fat and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in serving bowl and toss with dressing. Serve immediately.
- Roughly chop sage or rosemary and top the bowl with the herbs.