Whenever we attend a potluck we like to come with a veggie-packed dish in hand and having a go-to potluck worthy salad in your repertoire is always a great idea. Not only can you prepare it in a pinch but if you always have the required ingredients in your kitchen, you can make it any time you need. This spinach salad with a raspberry dressing is packed with flavour and contains many ingredients that you may already have on hand in your kitchen.
This salad is also incredibly versatile and can be made with any combination of veggies you might find in your fridge. The dressing we created for this salad is made using pureed raspberries, making it 400% fancier than any other dressing you could buy at the store! We always have frozen raspberries in our freezer and combined with a few other pantry staples you can create a restaurant worthy dressing in a split second!
- 225 g Baby Spinach
- 1/2 Red Onion, sliced thin
- 1 English Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Raspberries, thawed frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- pinch salt and pepper
- Mash up raspberries to form a puree. Combine in a mason jar with the other dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Shake up your dressing to ensure it's mixed and serve it with the finished spinach salad.
- You can add or substitute any of the vegetables in the salad for what you have available in your fridge.
- Feel free to roast the pecans before adding them to your salad.