Last week, we shared with you how to roast the pumpkin to get some great puree for all your pumpkin baking needs. In an effort to use the entire pumpkin, here is a great way to roast the seeds for a quick and easy snack. While the whole idea of of cleaning out the pumpkin and separating the goop from the seeds is less than desirable, it can be oddly cathartic, and you do get a tasty treat out of them.
- Seeds from 1 medium pumpkin - cleaned, rinsed, and dried
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 generous tsp spices - salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Separate the pumpkin seeds from the goop it is attached to. Rinse them well, until they are no longer slimy, and dry them before putting them into the oven.
- Combine the cleaned seeds with the oil and the spices. Spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 30 min, stirring every 10 minutes.
- If you are courageous enough to play with spices, feel free to add a touch of cayenne to give it some spice.
- If the pumpkin is on the larger (or smaller) side, adjust the oil and seasonings accordingly. If the pumpkin is larger, increase the oil to 2 1/2 tbsp, and the seasonings to 1 1/2 tsp. If it is smaller, decrease the oil to 1 1/2 tbsp, and the seasonings to 3/4 tsp.