A few weeks ago, we posted a great apple walnut topping for brie, which is a great topping for the cooler evenings of fall. This cranberry topping pairs with the baked brie wonderfully, and it is a classic flavour for the wintry evenings that are coming, not to mention the many Christmas parties that you will be attending!
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, bottled or freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 inch long piece lemon zest
- Simmer all ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium low heat, about 10 minutes. Berries will soften and some will burst - this is okay!
- Remove lemon zest and place on top of baked brie.
- The topping can be made ahead of time and placed in the fridge, until the brie has been baked. Make sure to warm up before topping the cheese.
- For a slightly different flavour, try using orange juice and orange zest instead of lemon.