I don’t know about you, but when it’s tomato season my garden is OVERFLOWING with tomatoes. I love this time of year but I always reach a point of tomato overload. This recipe for Fresh Tomato Pesto is the best way to use up and preserve the seasons best produce. Try this versatile pesto as a dip with crackers or bread, on pasta, or as pizza sauce.
- 2 cups tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, packed
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup oil (olive or canola works well)
- 1 clove garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve immediately or freeze for future use.
- Fresh Tomato Pesto makes a great dip, an awesome pizza sauce, and freezes well.